Our multi-day event will include a variety of networking opportunities and feature a full day of concurrent speaker sessions in support of MHABC’s strategic goals on the promotion of industry affordability, sustainability, and adoption of new technologies. This conference will be marketed to and attended by association members, key municipal planners, government officials, real estate professionals and industry supporters.
Organized by the MHABC, the BC Modular Housing Summit will take place at the stunning Harrison Hot Springs Resort May 8 - 10, 2023! The 2023 event will incorporate an exciting and informative platform to connect affordable housing and modular stakeholders from all across British Columbia.
Immerse yourself in educational and inspirational presentations, take part in collaborative workshops and network with key industry stakeholders.
Monday, May 8, 2023
- 10:00am – Gerry Brown 30th Annual Memorial Golf Tournament – Sandpiper Golf Resort, Harrison Mills
- 6:30pm – Summit Welcome Reception – Harrison Hot Springs Resort, Harrison, BC
Tuesday, May 9, 2023
- 7:30am – Summit Breakfast & Trade Show Visitation
- 8:15am – Business Session Opening: Traditional Welcome
- 8:30am – Concurrent Session #1
- Modular for BC: A Coordinated Provincial Program (Bylaws/Standardization/Affordability): MHABC Presenters
- Real Estate Economics – Bryan Yu, Central 1 Credit Union
- 11:00am – Spousal Program Commences (Participants meet at Registration Table)
- 10:15am – Coffee Break, Networking Session and Trade Show Visitations
- 10:30am – Concurrent Session #2
- Factory-Constructed Housing Standards and Ensuring Compliance – QAI Presenter
- Canadian Mortgage and Housing Corporation Briefing – CMHC Presenter
- MHABC Annual General Meeting – Members only
- 12:00pm – Summit Luncheon, Innovations Awards Overview, Guest Speaker – Ben Nishi, BC’s Energy Landscape & FortisBC’s Energy Transition
- 1:15pm – Concurrent Session #3
- Modular and the Road to Net Zero – Dr. M. Al Hussein
- 3:00pm – Session Wrap-up and Networking
- 6:00pm – Presidents’ Banquet Reception, Cash Bar, Raffles
- 7:00pm – Presidents’ Banquet (Plated Dinner, Awards, Entertainment by Dueling Pianos Vancouver)
Wednesday, May 10, 2023
- 7:30am – Summit Breakfast
- 8:15am – Achieving Efficiencies: Future Manufacturing Plan Technologies – Dr. M. Al Hussein
- 9:00am – Energy Step Code: Modelling for Modular Construction – Plant and on the Ground Compliance – Total Home Solutions Presenter
- 9:45am – Building Envelop for the Modular Process – Plant, Site, and Finishing Seminar – BCIT School of Construction and the Environment Presenter
- 12:00pm – Summit Lunch
- 2:30pm – Building Envelope for the Modular Process – Plant, Site, and Finishing Seminar (Continued) – BCIT School of Construction and the Environment Presenter
- 3:00pm – Summit Wrap-up
*Presenter/topics subject to change without notice.
Book Your Hotel
Host Hotel - Harrison Hot Springs Resort
$204 - $239/night plus Resort Fee and parking.
Associate Hotel - Harrison Beach Hotel
$129 - $249/night plus parking.
Quote: "MHABC" when booking to receive preferred rates (limited quantity available).
Dr. Mohamed Al Hussein
Professor, University of Alberta
Dr. Mohamed Al-Hussein is a professor and Industrial Research Chair (IRC) in the Industrialization of Building Construction at the University of Alberta, and a highly sought researcher and consultant in the areas of lean manufacturing, construction process optimization, CO2 emission quantification, and building information modelling (BIM), with the development of modular and offsite construction technologies and practices forming the hub of his research.
Through his engaging economics reports Bryan has become Central 1’s local celebrity, with his work featured by various media outlets including the Globe and Mail, BNN, Bloomberg and BC Business. He authors many of the Central 1’s flagship research reports and weekly notes for clients and the public. Yu is vice-president of the Canadian Association for Business Economics and a director of the BC Paraplegic Foundation.
Manager, Commercial Accounts
Ben manages an energy portfolio for commercial, institutional and public sector customers that includes natural gas, electricity, propane, renewable gases, and energy efficiency programs.
BCIT Training Workshop
Join the BCIT School of Construction and the Environment for a seminar on Building Envelope for the Modular Process - Plant, Site and Finishing. This leading-edge training workshop will delve into the design and performance of building envelope assemblies, with a focus on above grade assemblies such as walls, roofs, doors, and fenestration assemblies. You will have the opportunity to gain both theoretical and practical knowledge on the design and expected performance of the entire building envelope in a condensed training format.
Delegate Registration will OPEN at 9am on Thursday February 23, 2023
Early Bird Full Delegate Pass* - $245+gst (May 8 Welcome Reception, May 9 Concurrent Sessions/AGM, Summit Breakfast, Summit Lunch, & President’s Banquet, May 10 Workshops)
May 9, 2023 - Annual General Meeting ONLY - Complimentary to attend.
May 9, 2023 - Sessions ONLY - $69+gst (May 9 Concurrent Sessions, Summit Breakfast, Summit Lunch)
May 10, 2023 - Workshop ONLY - $65+gst (May 10 Workshop Breakfast, Workshop, Workshop Lunch)
Additional Add-On Items:
May 8, 2023 - Golf Tournament - $135+gst
May 9, 2023 - Spousal Program - $65+gst (Boat tour, lunch, glass of wine)
Early Bird pricing will end at midnight on March 17, 2023. As of March 18, 2023, “Regular” Full Delegate rate will move to $265
The MHABC would like to acknowledge that the 2023 BC Modular Housing Summit will take place upon the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territory of the Sts’ailes, Seabird Island, Sq’ewá:lxw, Cheam, Douglas, Leq’a:mel, Samahquam, Sq’ewlets, and Skatin First Nations.