In.no.va.tion – a new method, idea, product
The MHABC Innovation Awards celebrate excellence in manufactured home building within British Columbia showcasing industry leaders in innovative and sustainable design and construction.
Awards will highlight MHABC Members* who utilize strategic design to blend a home within its surroundings and incorporate products that will both benefit home sustainability and complement the lifestyle of those who reside within.
Award categories include:
- Manufactured (Z240MH) Innovation
- Modular (A277) Innovation
- Park Model (Z241) Innovation
This year’s awards will be presented during the annual MHABC Conference & AGM taking place May 2-4, 2022 at the Penticton Lakeside Resort.
Award Recipients will receive:
- An attractive award to display
- A complementary blog written on your award winning home
- Complementary social media posts through MHABC social media channels
- Complementary digital award winner logo for use within your own marketing and promotional purposes
- Recognition on MHABC’s website highlighting all award winners
*MHABC is proud to invite all members with good standing to participate in the 2022 Innovation Awards. Non-member submissions will not be accepted.
Easy 5-Step Application Process
Award submissions are free of charge and will be completed here online through the MHABC website. The Z240MH, A277 and Z241 categories each contain 5 short and easy sections to complete:
- Project Name (list your project name & building square footage)
- Project description (500 words or less)
- Innovative/Sustainable-based Features Bullet-list (max 5 bullets)
- Images (upload interior & exterior images of your project)
- PDF’s (upload your project site plan, floor plan and a signed homeowner release)
All items submitted will become the sole property of the Manufactured Housing Association of British Columbia (MHABC). The MHABC reserves the right to utilize content and photos submitted in future promotion and marketing of the Innovation Awards.
Submission posting will close at midnight on Friday March 4, 2022.
All entries must be completed by this time – extensions will not be granted.
Avoid the stress of preparing your submission last minute. Download the official category requirement details here and begin pre-preparing your submission items today to then upload online in the new year!
Entries will be reviewed by a panel, selected for their expertise and industry knowledge. All panel members will be from outside of British Columbia. Panels’ decisions will be final and binding.
Entries will be reviewed strictly based on the entry requirements. Points will be awarded out of a score of 10 on each listed criteria required to be submitted under each award category. Not site visits will be made.
Only those on the selection panel will be granted access to view submitted entries. Results of the selection process are entirely confidential.
Only those on the judging panel will be granted access to view submitted entries. Results of the judging process are entirely confidential.
The Manufactured Housing Association of British Columbia reserves the right to:
- Disqualify entries – based on incompleteness in required submitted criteria or disregard for following criteria requirements (example: leaving company logo on photos or floor plan submissions)
- Not award a particular category if submitted entries do not meet the criteria required to warrant a recognition of innovative or sustainable excellence
2019-2020 Z240MH Winner
Eagle Homes Cranbrook’s “West Coast Meets Rocky Mountains” home included market black window frames, multiple coloured solid surface countertops, modern 2-tone cabinetry, board and batten and a strategic design fitting of a Z240MH Innovation Award.