BC Modular Housing Summit 2022 – A Success!
The BC Modular Housing Summit took place in beautiful Penticton May 2 through to May 4, 2022. The event included over 75 attendees, 12 invited speakers and many distinguished dignitaries from regional municipalities come together to network and collaborate on topics at hand.
The Summit kicked-off on May 2 at the Fairview Mountain Golf Club with a best-ball golf tournament and transitioned to the Penticton Lakeside Resort & Conference Centre for an evening Ice Breaker event. May 3 included a full day of concurrent sessions and trade show visitations allowing attendees to immerse themselves within educational and inspirational presentations featuring past experiences, best practices and in-depth studies then concluded with the annual Presidents’ Banquet dinner, awards and entertainment by Dueling Piano’s Vancouver. May 4 included an informative breakfast workshop with Dr. Mohamed Al-Hussein (University of Alberta) and MHABC Annual General Meeting.
Thank you once again to each of our invited presenters:
- Paul Binotto, Director of Strategy and Business Development (Pacific Region) – Guillevin International
- John Perrott, Manager of Economic Development and Tourism – City of Vernon
- Dr. Mohamed Al-Hussein, Professor – University of Alberta
- Laura Kershaw, Account Manager – Canadian Mortgage and Housing Corporation
- Jan Polderman, Mayor – Village of Lytton
- Ben Nishi, Commercial Energy Solutions Manager – Fortis Inc
- Claudia Cosma, Client Project Coordinator (Building and Construction Division) – Intertek
- Tim Lezard, Councillor of Lands and Natural Resources, Alternate in Housing – Penticton Indian Band
- Brian Freemark, Principle of Commercial Industrial GM – SLM Lee’s Sheet Metal
- Jeff Hoogveld, Renewable Energy Consultant – LSM Energy Solutions